Camogie Association Office Administrator
An Cumann Camogaiochta (The Camogie Association) is advertising the position of Office Administrator. Please click 'read more' to see full details of the spec.
The Camogie Association is seeking applications for the position of Office Administrator.
The Camogie Association is a professional, dynamic and vibrant organisation. Founded in 1904, it is one of the oldest female sports organisation in Ireland. It is also one of the most popular female team sports in Ireland with over 560 clubs and 100,000 members.
Job Title: Office Administrator
Job type: The appointment is for a three year fixed term contract.
Role: The role of the Office Administrator is to ensure the effective and efficient day to day running of the Camogie Association’s Head Office. The Office Administrators role is a key function within the Association, specifically with regards to administrative procedures surrounding the implementation of rules, dealing with day to day rules queries and the organisation of all major events run by the Association at national level. The Jobholder is primarily responsible for supporting the role of the Ard Stiúrthóir and his/her office, in the execution of his/her duties on behalf of the membership of the Association
Reporting /Accountable to: The Ard Stiúrthóir
Salary: Consummate with responsibilities; plus expenses (travelling, overnight accommodation costs where
necessary, other allowable expenditure) as approved initially by the Ard Stiúrthóir/Finance Manager.
The post will require an element of work outside normal office hours, including weekends, and may involve travel.
- Channelling all correspondence and telephone calls, replying to same on behalf of the Ard Stiúrthóir, or redirecting to appropriate section.
- Liaise with and provide support to Ard Chomhairle and Sub Committee members.
- Provide administration assistance to all Sub Committees, in particular,
- Anti-Doping Officer
- Garda Vetting Officer
- Child Protection and Welfare Committee
- Provide advice/assistance on a daily basis to people with queries on the implementation of Transfers, Hearing and Disciplinary Committee procedures, re-grading, transfers, declarations, child protection and Garda vetting queries.
- Issue official correspondence for key events and in relation to key administrative procedures for all units
- Ensure all key administrative tasks are addressed in the office on a daily basis.
- Ensure effective and efficient planning of key events in the Camogie Calendar.
- Provide executive secretarial support to the Ard Stiúrthóir. This will involve attendance at meetings, the provision of accurate comprehensive minutes for approval and the tracking of actions from these meetings to ensure progress is being made.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a high standard of education
- excellent interpersonal skills
- a high level of proven organisational ability
- excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentational
- the ability to establish strong effective relationships with key stakeholders
- proven ability to work on own initiative
- proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- strong communication skills
- a flexible approach
- the ability to work as part of a team.
A knowledge of the Camogie Association’s Official Guide, policies and programmes will be an advantage.
A letter of application and Curriculum Vitae, including the names of two referees, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday July 18th at 5pm
Please note short listing will apply.
The Camogie Association is an equal opportunities employer.