Parents Code of Conduct
Kilmacud Crokes Camogie Club
Parents' Code of Conduct
PARENTS / GUARDIANS should encourage their child to:
- Play by the rules.
- Improve their skills levels.
- Appreciate everybody on their team, regardless of ability.
PARENTS / GUARDIANS should lead by example:
- Respect officials’ decisions and encourage children to do likewise.
- Do not exert undue pressure on your child.
- Never admonish your own child or any other child for their standard of play.
- Be realistic in their expectations.
- Show approval for effort, not just results.
- Never embarrass a child or use sarcastic remarks towards a player.
- Applaud good play from all teams.
- Do not seek to unfairly affect a game or player.
- Do not enter the field of play or play area unless invited to do so by an official in charge.
PARENTS / GUARDIANS should:
- Complete and return the registration/permission and medical consent forms for their child’s participation in the club.
- Ensure that their child punctually attends coaching sessions/games or other activities.
- Provide their child with proper clothing and equipment.
- Listen to what young people have to say.
- Show approval whether the team wins, loses or draws a game.
- Never attempt to meet their own needs and aspirations for success and achievement through their children’s participation in games.