Raising Funds for Breast Cancer Ireland and to reduce the Sports Club's Debt.
This Mizen to Malin challenge is one of the toughest undertakings yet by some of our club cyclists.
Like previous cycles/challenges we hope to raise money for Breast Cancer Ireland, with which we have a close association, & to reduce the Kilmacud Glenalbyn Sports Clubs debt of approximately €650,000. This debt belongs to all sections; GAA, Tennis, Snooker etc. & their members.
Starting on Wednesday the 30th May 2012, current camogie mentors Donie Dowling and Mark Cregg and camogie associates Pat Halpin, Kevin Coakley and Kevin Foley will be donning the lycra to form part of the Crokes peloton taking on this 645km challenge:
- Day 1 - 153 km Mizen Head to Tralee via Bantry, Kenmare & Killarney
- Day 2 - 168 km Tralee to Oranmore via Tarbert, Killimer, Ennistymon, Ballyvaughan
- Day 3 - 133 km Oranmore to Sligo via Tuam, Ballyhaunis
- Day 4 - 110 km Sligo to letterkenny via Ballyshannon, Ballybofey
- Day 5 - 81 km Letterkenny to Malin Head via Burnfoot, Buncrana
We would encourage everyone to sponsor the lads, however small, as both causes are both needy & worthy of your support.
Further information from:
- Donie Dowling 087 2525246
- Pat Halpin 086 8326377
- Kevin Coakley 087 2601846
- Mark Cregg 087 9828244
- Kevin Foley 086 2327735