Transition Year Coaching Programme 2013/14
The Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club Coaching Department are organising a Coaching Course for students in the Transition Year Programme. The course starts 18th September 2013. Places are limited so book early!
The course will be suited to students who have an interest in Sport or might be interested in a career in Sport or in Teaching.
Students will have to complete a three hour module outside of school hours in Kilmacud Crokes. Included in the module is a theoretical session dealing with the priorities and the principles of coaching children. There will also be a practical element in the module where we cover areas such as organisational hints, warm ups, skills, drills & games. It will also cover peer teaching where the students are assessed while they coach each other.
To qualify to work on our camps the students must be members of Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club.
Students must also complete the following:
- Coaching Course Module (18th September 2013)
- Help out with the running of some Primary School Blitzes and/or the Club Nurseries and the running of the Mini All Irelands in June
We are running the Course on the following date:
- Wednesday 18th September 2013, Room 4, 4pm – 7pm
- The practical element will also be covered on the same day so please bring appropriate gear for the outdoors.
For further information and to reserve a place on the course please ring/text
- Paraic Mc Donald, Coaching Director, Phone: 086-2244265 or
- Niall Corcoran, Club Coach, Phone: 087-9834287.
- Students can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must include Name, DOB, School & Contact Number.
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 11th September.
There is no charge for this course, but numbers are limited to 25. Places are filled on a 1st come/1st served basis. Depending on numbers interested we will possibly run another course in February 2014.
Yours in Sport,
Paraic McDonald/Niall Corcoran
Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club