Kilmacud Crokes Healthy Club is the hub for health and wellbeing of all members of our club and local community. As each year passes, the role of Healthy Club continues to grow to meet the needs of both. Throughout the year, we reach out to our whole community and invite them to join us in activities such as Kickstart Crokes, Crokes Talks and Inclusive Family Fitness Days, Friday Sports Clubs and Sensory Friendly Santa.
In early 2018, under the direction of Kevin Mulligan, Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club were amongst the first to receive official GAA Healthy Club national recognition. We can now proudly fly the Healthy Club Flag above Pairc de Burca in Stillorgan letting players, members, families and the wider community know of the emphasis that the Club places on health and wellbeing.
Healthy Club, links in with the playing sections and Glenablyn House to deliver different initiatives. Here are a few things we have been part of:
- Dermot Earley Youth Leadership Initiative - a programme empowers young people to enhance their leadership capabilities
- First Aid Course - CPR and pitchside first aid courses
- Crokes Talks- a series of talks focused on mental health and overall wellbeing
- Women on Wheels Initiative with KC Wheelers
- International Women's Days Initiatives
- Easter & Summer Camps for All - supporting children with additional needs in camps with the provision of SNA support or additional coaches
- Friday Sports Club - Physical Activity session for Children with a variety of disabilities.
- Kick Start Crokes - Initiative to get people active in January with a variety of activities such as- Running, Cycling, Pilates, Tennis, Choir, Tai Chi, Irish Dancing, Active Mediation, Spinning
- Autism is Sport Workshops
- Disability Awareness Programmes
- Sensory Friendly Santa
If you have any interest in being involved in a one off project or being part of the committee, please get in touch, we need your help!
For more information email Kilmacudcrokes.firstname.lastname@example.org