We are always very pleased to welcome new snooker members. Snooker is one of the smaller sections of the club. The snooker facilities we have at the club are of a very high standard with two full size snooker tables and ample comfortable seating. The club has a large free-of-charge car park. Membership also includes use of Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club Bar.
How to Join
Membership operates on an annual subscription basis (running from January 1st to December 31st). Snooker Membership costs €220 per year (in 2023) and please see the Terms and Conditions of membership. To join online (registration and payment) click the Snooker Membership button here. Once you have joined no booking is required. Your online receipt has a registration number – which is considered to be your membership number.
The snooker room Opening Times (subject to change) are as follows:
- Monday to Thursday: 10:00 to 15:30 and 19:00 to 22:00
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 to 15:30 and 19:00 to 22:00
- Sundays: 16:00 to 20:00
- Closed on all Public Holidays
- Additional holiday/closing times will apply. Notice will be given where possible.
NB: Opening times are subject to change. For any enquiries about club opening times please phone: +353-1-288 0857.
Both tables have meters operated by inserting a token. Snooker tokens are available from the Club Bar only, in the evenings, and not from the Village Café or Club Office. This means that tokens can only be purchased when the Club Bar is open. Tokens currently cost €3 each and provide lights for one hour.
Snooker Room Rules
- No booking of tables is required.
- Players must bring their own snooker cues.
- Snooker members may play on either table.
- Table 1 (Championship Table) may only be played on by snooker members (may not be played on by non-snooker members or guests).
- Where people are waiting to play, snooker members have priority and are entitled to play on the next available table – before any other category of member.
- Table(s) may not always be available and will be reserved by the committee for league matches (see snooker leagues below) or tournament nights.
- Please take care with all of the club equipment (rests, spiders and cue extensions).
- Please only strike the white ball. Striking the other balls makes them dirty and can damage them.
- Please respect all the players in the snooker room by keeping noise at a reasonable level.
- When moving around a table do not disturb a player taking a shot on the adjoining table; wait until the shot has been played.
- When passing the end of tables, do not disturb another player’s line of vision; wait until the shot has been played.
- Do not toss coins on the tables as this will damage the baize.
- When re-spotting balls, do not bang them on spots. This causes indentations and the balls will be deflected.
- Mobile phones to be on silent except in certain circumstances i.e. on call emergency.
- No food is allowed in the snooker room. If you have eaten snacks, please ensure your hands are clean before playing.
- Drinks are allowed but must be kept away from the tables.
- The whole club is a non-smoking building, so please do not smoke in the snooker room.
- When you remove the covers from the tables, please ensure that they are folded neatly and placed on a table or seat, not on the floor.
- When you are finished playing please cover the table unless others are waiting to use it.
- Changes to the upkeep, maintenance or servicing of the snooker facilities is within the sole remit of the snooker section committee.
- The upkeep of the tables is to be overseen by members of the snooker section committee only.
- Club etiquette is outlined in the Terms and Conditions section of the payment page.
- Only snooker members may invite guests to the snooker room – and for a maximum of six times per calendar year.
- Only one guest may be signed in at a time (there is a Guest book in the room).
- Any guest who plays snooker more than four times must apply for membership.
Children under the age of 14 are not permitted to use the snooker tables.
14 -16 year old members are only permitted to play on Table 2 under the direct supervision and accompaniment of an adult snooker member.
Members aged 16-18 have the same rights and conditions as an adult member.
Where enough players express interest, we play competitively by entering the Dublin Billiards and Snooker Leagues (Click HERE for details) League matches are played on a Tuesday and Thursday, with two players from each team playing Tuesday and two on Thursday. Matches are the best of 3 frames and all teams play each other at home and away. The league runs from mid-September to April. Players are allocated individual handicaps. See full league rules HERE.
A club (handicap) tournament is held annually. New members interested in participating will be allocated a handicap.
NB: Office opening hours: Tuesday–Friday, 10am –1pm.