Dedication Ceremony at Croke Park, April 2006
On Wednesday 5th April 2006 a ceremony was held in Croke Park at which various sections of the ground were dedicated to the memory of some of the most famous figures in the GAA's past. The ceremony saw former Presidents’ Maurice Davin, Frank Dineen (also a former General Secretary of the Association) and former Secretaries Luke O’Toole, Padraig Ó Caoimh and Sean Ó Síocháin remembered for their various roles in the development of the Association. Three of these; Luke O'Toole, Padraig O'Caoimh and Mícheál Ó Hehir had strong associations with the Crokes Hurling club.
Seomra Uí Thuathail (Management Committee meeting room);Luke O’Toole was a former Secretary of the Association from 1901 to 1929 and played a major role in the GAA’s decision to develop Croke Park after its purchase in 1913. In the early days of its existence he was very supportive of Michael Curran and his Croke Park United colleagues and several members of the O'Toole family played with and held officerships in the club.
Seomra Uí Chaoimh (Central Council meeting room); Named in honour of Padraig O Caoimh - Secretary of the Association for thirty five years from 1929 to 1964. Like his predecessor, Luke O'Toole, Padraig O'Caoimh made Crokes feel at home in Croke Park and was club President for many years.
O Hehir Media Centre; Dedicated to the memory of Mícheál O Hehir, the legendary commentator who covered 99 All Ireland finals between 1938 and 1985. Mícheál hurled with Crokes and his father Jim Hehir was a prominent clubman in the 1930's.